Thursday, May 9, 2013

Chicken w/ Rice and Peas

I've been cooking this flavorful soup dish for years.  My family gobbles it up and rushes back to the pot for seconds thirds.  HaHa Enjoy!


Ingredients:

One whole chicken chopped (without skin) Or 3-4 large pieces of breast meat.
5 cups water
1 1/2 cups long grain rice
2-3 tbsp red cooking wine to taste
1 lrg and 1 sm can of campbells cream of chicken soup
1 can peas or 1 cup of frozen peas
Salt or goya adobo seasoning salt to taste
Grind peppercorn medley to taste
2 cubes chicken broth or 2 tbsp chicken granules


This is my cooking wine of choice it adds just the right amount of flavor to the dish.


My favorite! I use this pepper medley in almost every dish I make. (Grind it baby)


Directions:

*In large quarter pot add liquid, chicken and chicken broth to med heat, let simmer for 20 mins.
*Add rice, cream of chicken soup, red wine and peas. 
*Season with salt and peppercorn to taste.
*Thoroughly mix all the ingredients.  Close lid and let it simmer for 10-15 mins.
*The broth should have a nice and creamy texture to it.
*Serves 4-6 people with enough for seconds.


This photo is not mine it's one I found online but  it's the closest to what the dish looks like.  Mine however would have specs of cracked black peppercorn and would be a tad bit colorful with the added red cooking wine.  When I get a chance to make my own Queens Chicken w/rice & peas I'll delete this pix and add mine... 

No comments:

Post a Comment